The organs in the back of the abdomen are the kidneys. They are in charge of many processes and are vital for the human body. They cleanse and detoxify the body by filtering the blood and producing urine. The kidneys get rid of excess waste and fluid from the body, regulate blood pressure, balance electrolytes, increase the number of red blood
When they cannot function properly, the whole body is put at risk. Because of this, it is very important to be able to recognize the symptoms of unhealthy kidneys. Here is a list of symptoms you need to be wary of.
Dizziness and poor concentration
- Kidney disorders and also severe anemia can lead to insufficient flow of oxygen to the brain, thus leading to dizziness, memory problems and poor concentration.
- Kidneys are in charge of producing erythropoietin, which is a protein responsible for increasing the level of red blood cells. Deficiency of this hormone leads to low red blood cell levels, which therefore leads to problems with the brain and muscles and fatigue. The cause for these symptoms may also be severe anemia.
- The low levels of red blood cells can be caused by a toxic accumulation in the lungs. Thos reduces the amount of oxygen in the body and thus shortness of breath. This is often associated with kidney issues.
- Accumulation of toxins in the body causes the forming of skin rashes and itching. The toxins accumulate in the blood and makes the skin dry and irritated. This problem cannot be solved by using creams and lotions because it originates from within the body.
- Swelling in the body, especially in the joints, limbs and face is caused by accumulation of excess fluids in the body, which happeds due to kidney failure.
- Accumulation of toxins in the body causes changes in the taste of the food and also bad breath. Poor appetite and metallic taste in the mouth are symptoms of kidney issues.
- The most common symptoms are: dark urine accompanied by urinating in small amounts and less frequent urinating, frequent urinating of pale colored urine in large amounts, foamy urine, as well as urges to urinate during the night and troubles urinating and pressure during urinating.
- Pain in the back of the abdomen is a common sign that you have kidney problems such as kidney stones or UTI.